Nowadays most people prefer to use metal roofing for their homes, as it is the most viable option. Only in certain special types of homes it may not be a suitable choice.
If you are interested in metal roofing in Sydney then read further to know more about metal roofing.
There are few different types of metals used for roofing purpose and let us try to know few pros and cons of each of them.
- Very soft material hence produces little noise
- Performs better than hard material during hailstorm
- Prone to damage easily due to hail
- Expands and contracts more with temperature
- Costly material
- Preferably in coastal areas as it resists against salt corrosion
- Higher strength to weight ratio
- Highly reactive to weather changes
- Bit expensive
- Remains strong for 100+ years
- Can be made easily into any shape
- Lower melting point
- Needs less energy to process
- Need expert installer
- Costly material
- Soft material prone to damage easily
- Easily recyclable material
- Easily available
- Provides strength
- Least expensive
- Highly flexible material
- Needs more energy during installation
- Metal roofs are just not meant for special house
Earlier days only certain kind of building used to prefer metal roofing, but now metal roofing is very common and can be used for all kinds of homes.
- You can install metal roof over existing roofs too
If you want to install metal roof over your existing roofs then you can easily do that without dismantling your old roof.
- Metal roofs will not produce more noise than asphalt roofs
As far as noise is concerned there will be not much of difference between metal roofing and asphalt roofing.
- Metal roofs will not attract lightning
Contrary to our belief, metal roofing will not attract much to lighting and hence there is not much risk involved.
- Metal roofs are cost effective
Metal roofs will have much longer life as compared to asphalt roofing and hence it will be much cost effective.
- Metal roofs protect against fire, insect and rot
One of the plus points of having metal roofing is that it can protect the home from fire, insects and rotting.
- Metal roofs are energy efficient
Since metal roofing will reflect the sunlight, your air conditioning cost will reduce drastically.
- Metal roofs works well with low slopes
Usually, metal roofing is quite suitable for roofs with steep slope only, but standing-seam metal type of roofing will work fine on any gently pitched roofs.
- Severe hail may ruin metal roofing
Metal roofing may be quite durable and also need less maintenance but with severe hailstorm, it is likely to get damaged.
- You will need only professional while repairing and installing
In order to repair or install metal roofing you need to hire any experienced roofers only.
- Metal roofs are recyclable
Since metal roofs are recyclable, they are considered as environment friendly option.